Jolie Bras and Lingerie only works with ethical manufacturers. We believe that in order to bring women simply stunning bras, lingerie, and shapewear, our products need to respect the social and family needs of the people who make them. The most critical certification we filter for is WRAP (worldwide responsible accredited production), which hold manufacturers to higher standards than the local governments often permit.
Some of the key points of WRAP are as follows:
Factories shall not engage in or support the use of child labor.
- child labor shall be deemed as any worked under the age of 16.
- factories may employ workers aged 16 to 17; however, these younger works are restricted to having a max of 10 hours per day either working, travelling to and from work and school work.
- physical work must not exceed 8 hours per day.
Forced/compulsory labor is prohibited.
- the factories will not take employee id cards or identity documents as security upon commencing employment.
- the factories will not keep any part of the employee's salary to force them to continue working.
- the employees have the right to leave the factory premises once they finish their daily work.
The factories shall provide a safe place of work for all employees.
Discrimination and equal opportunity
- the factories should treat all workers equally and allow no discrimination of any kind.
- Max normal working week should not exceed 48 hours, unless local government provisions apply or a collective bargaining agreement is in place.
- Employees should not work more than 36 hours’ overtime per month.
- Overtime should not exceed 9 hours in one week, unless collective bargaining agreement is in place or an urgent order is to be completed by a specified date; employees must agree to work these extra hours and be paid at the correct overtime rates.
- Workers must have at least one day off per week.
Payment of wages
- Wages shall be paid on time, each month on the agreed time.
- Wages shall be a minimum of the local government regulations.
- Factories should ensure that every employee has a duly signed and local government approved labor contract.